Lifeguard - Pool
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Your key responsibility as Pool Lifeguard is to ensure the safety and well-being of all customers utilising the Centre’s facilities.
- You’ll be proactive, mitigate risk and provide expeditious accident response.
- You will be professional, motivated and customer focussed – acting as a positive brand ambassador for Sutherland Shire Council and our diversity of services.
- You will educate our community and promote water safety.
- As directed, you will action daily maintenance, care, support repair and security of amenities, plant, equipment and other assets assigned to or utilised by lifeguards within area of responsibility.
- You will lead by example and ensure cleanliness of our Centre facilities.
Things You’ll Do:
- Ensure all requirements of the position are carried out as directed by the Specialist Aquatics Operations, Senior Duty Officer or Duty Officer.
- Ensure equipment is set-up and packed away for the relevant activities.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene of all areas, supported by cleaning schedules.
- Maintain Centre equipment and conditions in compliance with NSW Health Guidelines.
- Maintain all relevant records onsite to adhere to industry standards and guidelines, updating procedures as required.
- Strive for best practice and showcase Council’s values - Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Being part of a dedicated, devoted and disciplined Pool Lifeguard team.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our people and community.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Keeping our customers safe and allowing them to enjoy our beaches and an active lifestyle.
- Driving and upholding the Leisure Centers’ positive brand reputation, high quality services and programs.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by: 10:00 pm Monday 17 May 2021
- Package: $50,509 - $53,428 gross p.a. plus superannuation (paid pro rata to hours worked).
- Hours of work: Permanent part-time opportunities available – 1x 22 hours per week and 1x 10 hours per week, rostered over a 7 day spread. Option to flex-up additional hours.
- Spread of work hours: Available to work a spread of hours between 5:00am and 9:00pm to support the operational requirements of our Centres. Available and willing to work across Sutherland, Caringbah, Engadine Leisure Centres and Como Pool locations.
Keen To Learn More?