Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Share your passion for construction and be a vital member of the Civil Operations group who are responsible for maintaining Sutherland Shire Council's infrastructure to improve life span and usability of its assets.
- Work in our community and make a positive impact by producing high quality and accurate work.
- Be an advocate for safety and ensure safe work practices for yourself, your colleagues and our community.
- Provide efficient customer service and help the team to develop solutions to meet our customer's needs.
Things You’ll Do:
- Working in the Civil Operations business unit, you will be part of the team who deliver reactive and planned maintenance / restoration and construction works to agreed levels for service, quality, function and safety.
- Maintain and construct Council's civil assets which include all road and stormwater infrastructure.
- This role involves physical tasks as you will be carrying out a range of labouring actions
- Responsibilities will include working with ready-mixed concrete and asphalt, excavation, concrete cutting, limited plant operation, traffic management and surveying.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Be a positive brand ambassador for Sutherland Shire Council.
- Enjoying the variety of work within our Civil Operations business unit where you will be doing work that will directly impact and improve the daily life of our people, business units and community.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- Being part of a supportive team culture where you are encouraged to make suggestions and share ideas.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Applicants who don't currently hold a Traffic Controllers Certificate will be considered and are required to undertake the necessary training within the first 3 months of employment
- Get your application in by 10pm: Monday, 16th January 2023.
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated from week commencing Monday 16th January 2023.
- Package: $52,551 - $55,587 gross p.a. plus superannuation.
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time, working 38 hours per week, 9 day fortnight.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Audiometric check, Reference checks, Qualification checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Duncan Mattern, Maintenance Superintendent on 02 9710 0733 for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org