Working with The Bloomfield Group
The Bloomfield Group is a proud and successful Australian mining and engineering group. Australian owned and operated, we have been part of the community for more than 80 years and now employ hundreds of local people.
The Bloomfield Group operates two open-cut coal mines in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales. These operations are our Rix’s Creek Mine northwest of Singleton, and our Bloomfield Mine east of Maitland. Coal from the Rix’s Creek Mine and Bloomfield Mine is railed to the Port of Newcastle, and loaded onto ships using Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS). Bloomfield is a founding member and shareholder of PWCS, and we proudly own and operate Kings Engineering, a leading NSW Engineering business.
About the role
The Bloomfield Group is seeking experienced Electricians to join our Maintenance Team at Rix's Creek Mine. Successful applicants will be responsible for supporting the achievement of safety and production targets by providing high quality and timely maintenance service to operations within the Bloomfield Group.
- Provide safe, effective, and efficient preventative maintenance and breakdown services to the site
- Perform quality inspections of machinery and document as per legislative and operational requirements
- Completion of statutory and operational reports
- Meet reasonable safety targets as a priority
- Provide support as required on Electrical projects
- Communicate to production and engineering employees on project, maintenance, breakdown issues, and problems and work as a team to develop an appropriate course of action
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Electrical Trade Qualification
- NSW Qualified Electrical Supervisors Certificate / Proficiency Certificate
- Experience as a tradesperson in an open-cut coal mine
- Experience in the maintenance of heavy earthmoving machinery
- Proven ability to build proactive relationships and to work as part of a team
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
Investing in our people and our community
At The Bloomfield Group, we invest in our people and we invest in the community. We offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits including family friendly rosters and site locations.
We also provide significant investment in our community through the Bloomfield Group Foundation. The Foundation has been supporting our local community since 2006, providing support for young and vulnerable people, funding for medical and health related research and other programs that enrich Hunter Valley communities.
Underpinning how we go about our work are our company values: We Care. We Deliver.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of Bloomfield.
To apply for the position, please answer the screening questions and attach your covering letter and resume. Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role. In providing your CV to Bloomfield you acknowledge acceptance to be included in its recruitment processes as defined by the business and available at www.bloomcoll.com.au.
Note: If you experience issues applying, please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 10 July 2022
To find out more about the Bloomfield Group, please visit www.bloomcoll.com.au
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.