Ganger - Pump Station
The Water and Wastewater Unit is seeking a Ganger to supervisor and coordinate the Pump Station team who undertake the maintenance of water and sewer pumping stations. The Pump Station team works together to service and maintain sewage and water pumping stations as well as conduct sewer rising main valving maintenance to ensure efficient and reliable operation while minimising the risk of blockages, sewer odours and overflow.
About the role:
- Supervision and organisation of the maintenance and routine operation of sewage pumping stations and associated rising mains, water pump stations and supporting the mechanical, technical and network operations teams. Ensuring Pump Stations and associated facilities are maintained to a high standard to minimise the risks to the environment and public health
- Coordinate and assist with the management of sewer pump stations and mains for the purpose of pipe relining
- Responsible for the people management, safety and performance of the Pump Station team, and driving good communication across the disciplines that are also engaged in managing and operation of these network assets
- Identifying and raising of operational improvements, and work with the mechanical, technical and reticulation network teams to implement improvement actions
- May be part of an on-call pool for after-hours response.
What's on offer:
- Leading and working together with a small team of passionate pump station assistants
- An attractive base salary ranging from $1,110.24 per week with competency based increments up to $1,272.02 per week, plus 10% super
- 38 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- Generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the sewer and water reticulation network systems
- Capability with staff supervision, staff, work and resources allocations
- Ability to plan and organise material and resources for planned and unplanned work
- Ability to lead work in confined spaces such as sewer manholes and pump station wells.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Tweed Heads, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 3 December 2021 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process. Click here for more information.
How To Apply
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE the questions into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
- Please describe your working experience and knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the sewer and water reticulation network systems.
- Please describe your working experience in pump station operation, maintenance, safety, control and function.
- Please detail your experience with staff supervision.
- Please provide examples of when you have undertaken job instructions and needed to complete maintenance records and reports as part of your work. In your response, please describe your competencies in numeracy and literacy which support you to undertake these tasks.
- Please provide details of your experience in leading work in confined spaces such as sewer manholes and pump station wells.
- Please provide examples of when you have had to organise people, materials and resources for unplanned work. What is your approach to managing impacts to planned work, when unplanned work occurs?
- Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
- Confined Space Certification or ability to obtain with refresher
- If you do not hold a current Confined Space Certification, do you have the ability to obtain the certification with a refresher?
- Current Vehicle Licence – Medium Rigid
- Please detail your knowledge of Tweed Shire Council Sewerage Networks and your experience working with this network or similar water and wastewater networks.
OFFICE USE ONLY