Family Violence Perpetrator Case Worker & Housing Support Worker
- Position : Part Time (30.4 hrs pw), Fixed Term position
- Salary : $82,780 to $86,528, plus super (based on skills & experience)
- Location : Morwell
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for
About the role
VACCA delivers an innovative Family Violence Program across multiple locations including the Southern metropolitan, Dandenong and Gippsland areas. The role of the Men’s Family Violence Perpetrator Program is a newly created position which will fit within the suite of other VACCA Family Violence demonstration programs.
The VACCA Family Violence demonstration program is culturally safe and trauma informed including one on one counselling, group work and case work with Aboriginal men, women, children and families who are impacted by family violence. Our work at VACCA provides an integrated whole-of family approach that focuses on Aboriginal men while supporting the safety of women and children
The Men’s Workers role has been created to;
- provide direct 1:1 case management and intervention work with men who have perpetrated family violence and provide housing support;
- run group work and cultural groups with men who present with anger management issues
- work with Community Elders, Aboriginal families, Kin, Uncles, Men and their families to provide a range of service interventions that are proven to work with Men
- Address intersection factors such as Alcohol and other drug, mental health, cultural trauma and intergenerational trauma that may be presenting for families.
- Enhance referral pathways to ACCO’s, Aboriginal services and other programs that will support healing and curb the use of violence
- Work with Aboriginal men and non-Aboriginal fathers of Aboriginal children in the Gippsland Community
- A TAFE or tertiary qualification in a relevant field along with demonstrated experience would be highly considered
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence for Aboriginal families
- Experience and ability to work with Aboriginal organisations and communities and a proven ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal Men and their families
- An awareness of family violence issues and understanding of intergenerational trauma experienced by Aboriginal men
- The ability to apply a flexible, non-judgemental and empowering approach to service delivery and work in Community
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description.
Application closes by May 18, 2021
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.