Case Advisor- Lakidjeka
- Position : Full time, Fixed term contract
- Salary : $67,269.01 - $77,580.86 (based on skills & experience) Plus Super and Attractive Salary Packaging
- Locations : Hamilton
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for
About the role
The Lakidjeka Aboriginal Child Specialist Advise Support Service (ACSASS) provides specialist advice and case consultation to Child Protection about culturally appropriate intervention in respect of all reports relating to alleged harm of children and significant decisions in all phases of child protection This role will:
• Work in strong partnership with child protection to ensure the rights and best interests of Aboriginal children who have come to the attention of child protection are upheld and maintained
• Respond to and work closely with child protection staff in the local area to meet with families where allegations of abuse and neglect of children have been made
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the values that underpin VACCA’ vision and purpose and the capacity to take a leadership role in championing these internally and externally
- Demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures, and commitment to continually build knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an ability to share this knowledge with child protection and other services
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on Aboriginal families that lead to child protection involvement
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
Please note: This is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designated position, classified under Section 12 Special Measures of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This employment opportunity is only available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description
Application closes by 31.12.2022
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy