Caseworker- Kinship Program
- Position title : Caseworker - Kinship Program
- Status : Full time, Ongoing position
- Salary : $64,521 to $74,270, plus super (based on skills and experience)
- Location : Morwell
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for
About the role
The Kinship Care Caseworker is expected to provide all aspects of case management and provide ongoing support to carers and children involved in statutory kinship care placements. This position is also expected to complete all case management tasks and reporting requirements including court reports and completing carer and Permanent Care assessments
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree qualification in Community Services, Social Worker and/or substantial experience in these fields is desirable
- Knowledge and practice experience in the child welfare field
- Experience and knowledge in engaging with the Aboriginal community and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation’s.
- Resilient, with great team working skills and ability to communicate with respect
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description
Application closes by May 16, 2021
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy