EXPO: Expression of Interest
Various NSW Locations
- SCHCADS Award starting from Level 3, up to 5
- Great not-for-profit salary packaging tax-free benefits: increasing pay package to $84k +
- A rewarding career, with opportunity to learn, grow and progress with Vinnies
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role:
Start a rewarding career with St Vincent de Paul NSW, Vinnies Services.
Current opportunities include:
- Community Access and participation Support Coordinators
- Accommodation Services (Sutherland Shire)
- Team Leaders (Disability Services)
- Supports in Employment
- Disability Support Workers
From working with Industry experts, learning, and developing your skills. You will be given training and progression opportunities in leadership roles. Great learning and development programs and clear pathways to internal progression. There are many rewarding reasons to join Vinnies, with a respectful & supportive team environment, and manage your salary packaging your own way.
Currently Recruiting these roles:
- Team Leader - Disability Accommodation Services | Sutherland Shire | Full-time Permanent https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2719 applications closing 22 Aug
- Disability Support Worker – Accommodation | Sutherland Shire | Casual https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2620 applications closing 01 Sep
- Activities Outreach Coordinator | Woolloomooloo https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2746 | applications closing 22 Aug
- Community Development Coordinator – Targeted | Woolloomooloo https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2734 applications closing 22 Aug
- Disability Support Worker | Haberfield | Part-time Permanent & Casual positions available https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2773 applications closing 22 Aug
- Activities Coordinator | Woolloomooloo | Full-time Permanent https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2834 applications closing 01 Sep
- Support Worker – Production | Stanmore | Part-time, Full-time & Casual opportunities available https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2779 applications closing 22 Aug
- For Vinnies careers visit https://www.vinnies.org.au/page/Get_Involved/Join_our_staff/NSW/
- For volunteering opportunities: https://www.vinnies.org.au/page/Get_Involved/Become_a_volunteer/NSW/
To be successful, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in community development, social work, community services and/or educational program.
- Experience, knowledge, or willingness to provide outreach support to people experiencing homelessness
- Able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and build partnerships with local services to promote community engagement.
- Demonstrated understanding of community development and asset-based community development.
- Demonstrated experience working with those who experience social exclusion due to homelessness, the impact of trauma, mental health issues, unemployment or alcohol/drug issues.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating programs, events, and activities for socially excluded / vulnerable groups of people within a community setting.
- Excellent organisational/time management skills & the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Drivers Licence (Unrestricted Class C) for some roles
- High level computer literacy.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment
Submit your application with a resume and cover letter. Information on how to apply.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.