Casual Retail Sales Assistant - Sydney Metro and Central Coast
Sydney and Central Coast
- Come and make a difference at Vinnies this Summer
- Work for a retailer that gives back to the community everyday
- Casual positions across Sydney metro and Central Coast
- Pay above General Retail Award
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society. The Society recognises the value of an inclusive work environment and believes that our diversity is a strength in the work we do with our local communities.
Your new role as Retail Sales Assistant:
Vinnies are on the lookout for the next breed of customer focused and retail minded superstars. You would be available and willing to work especially through to the summer months – areas to fill include:
- Inner City & Inner West
- East Sydney
- Northern Sydney
- North Shore
- Hills District and North West
- Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
- South West
- Penrith and Blacktown
- St George and Sutherland Shire
- Central Coast
Please click List of Stores for each area.
Bring your high level motivation and energy, and superb retail skills for our valued customers to have the best shopping experience. You will work with all-inclusive and collaborative teams who are committed to performing at their best. Your flexibility to carry out a variety of tasks will enable you to learn different aspects of store operations. Your flair for fashion and passion for providing great customer service will likewise help you to be successful in this role.
About the role:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure compliance with Vinnies policies and procedures
- Replenish stock on the sales floor
- Use your creative flair in assisting with visual merchandising
- Sort and price items according to Vinnies pricing guidelines
- Contribute to achieving sales targets of the store.
To be successful, you will need:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Flexibility and availability during weekends and peak times
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Energetic drive to support the team in achieving sales targets
- Understanding of fashion and trends
If this sounds like you, submit your application with your CV attached. Don't wait to apply - we are keen to fill the roles quickly and will interview suitable applications as we receive them.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s cosmitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.