Lewisham; Flexible WFH
- NFP Salary packaging benefits, increasing your take home pay!
- Newly created Permanent Full-time position at Vinnies NSW
- A great opportunity for someone with proven experience supporting children and vulnerable adults and people with a disability around safeguarding matters
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services. We strive to shape a more just and compassionate society - we truly care about what we do and the difference we make in people’s lives.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. We have a continuing commitment to engaging and retaining our people who are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values-driven team.
Your New Role
We are looking for an experienced Safeguarding Officer, (Children & Vulnerable Adults) to join our Team. Reporting to the Safeguarding Manager, you will provide technical and expert advice on safeguarding matters to enable the Society to reduce the risk of harm to vulnerable people we encounter. We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping children and vulnerable people to be part of our supportive team, and work with us to uphold the Society’s safeguarding responsibilities.
- Implement the Society’s Safeguarding Children and Young People various Policies, Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct obligations across the organisation.
- Provide advice to all Society Personnel on safeguarding management, reportable conduct, and legislative reporting requirements.
- Respond to requests for assistance from members, volunteers, and employees
- Provide support and referrals to other agencies concerning highly complex or challenging cases.
- Participate in case conferences and providing supervision support to staff.
- Provide advice in relation to Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) exemption applications and WWCC bars.
- Provide reports, monitor, and maintain data regarding safeguarding matters to the Executive, Board and State Council.
- Conduct research and data analysis regarding the Society’s safeguarding practices and organisational risks and reporting on research outcomes.
To be successful, you will need:
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legislation, such as the NSW Children’s Guardian Act, Children and Young Persons Care and Protection Act, NDIS, and the Statutory Procedures Voluntary Out-Of-Home Care in NSW
- Qualifications and/or experience in child protection and/or safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Current working knowledge of statutory reporting obligations for children and vulnerable adults.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate discussions and liaise and build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, influence across directorates and services, and adjust priorities as required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to assist people with complex needs.
- Willingness to participate in current, relevant industry training.
If you have questions about this role, please email Nazli Munir (Director, Office of the CEO) email@example.com, quoting: Safeguarding Officer/ VIN2859.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.