User Experience Consultant
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Based at our Kooyong location
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $101,963 + Salary Packaging
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
Established over 20 years ago Digital Access is a part of Vision Australia that operates as a social enterprise with 100% of profits contributing to Vision Australia’s wider goals. We offer a range of services to companies to ensure that their digital platforms can be used successfully by people with disabilities. We are internationally recognised as industry leaders and are uniquely positioned to deliver true user-centric services.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 clients who are blind or have low vision from around Australia.
Digital Access is pan-disability in its approach. We support companies (including private and public sector organisations) in producing digital products that have the best possible user experiences for a diversity of people with disabilities.
About the role
As a User Experience Consultant in Digital Access, you will be working at the leading edge of inclusive design and accessibility. The role will deliver experience design, training and strategic consulting to help our clients to create the best possible digital experiences beyond the WCAG guidelines. We use best-practice user experience techniques and provide training to help set better standards of inclusive design across Australia.
- Conduct usability testing with people with disabilities on a wide range of technologies including websites, apps, payment terminals, and kiosks;
- Conduct design reviews against WCAG 2.1 and our internal evidence-based recommendations;
- Help to facilitate and continually refine our Inclusive Design public and in-house training course virtually and in-person;
- Develop, update, and improve our internal evidence-based recommendations;
- Actively participate in the development of the Australian and international body of knowledge about inclusive design through research, development of tools, involvement in special interest groups and forums and participation in industry conferences
To view the Position Description for this role, please click here.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working in user experience design, user research, user-interface design, or similar in an agency setting or in-house;
- Knowledge of usability principles, methodologies, and processes;
- Commercial experience facilitating usability testing sessions and reporting findings;
- An understanding of digital technologies such as HTML, CSS and native apps
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Mission focused and purposeful
- Opportunity to help build a team working on new projects
- A friendly, collaborative and supportive work environment
- Flexible working arrangements with remote working well established.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities to gain expertise.
- Market equivalent including the benefit of salary packaging = approximately $110,500
To find out more details about salary packaging, please refer to the following link - https://accesspay.com.au/salary-packaging/salary-packaging-calculator/
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.