Occupational Therapist/Access Technology Specialist
- Permanent, full-time
- Based at our Caringbah location
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $93,334 + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- In consultation with clients and their families plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services as per their needs identified throughout the assessment process;
- Assess the client's capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living (self-care), and instrumental activities of daily living including home and community activities, learning and education, employment, play and recreation;
- Plan, develop, and deliver Access Technology training to clients either individually or in small groups, in a variety of formats and environments including workplaces, homes and Vision Australia centres. Training may be delivered face to face, over the phone or via video conference and other remote technologies;
- Conduct technology needs assessments in a variety of situations and environments including schools, homes, and workplaces.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualification in Occupational Therapy;
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Degree level qualification relevant to the delivery of Access Technology services e.g. Allied Health or Technology; and/or extensive experience in the provision of technology support and training for people that are blind or have low vision;
- A working knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of a range of access technologies including screen access technology, print access technology including magnification equipment and Braille equipment.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Michelle Percuoco
Phone: 02 8525 9017
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.