- Permanent, part-time opportunity (working 4 days per week)
- Based at our Robina location with Work from Home Flexibility
- Base Salary = $88,761 ($44.92 p.h.) + Superannuation + Salary Packaging up to $15.9k
Join an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
As a Vision Australia employee, you’re part of a team committed to supporting people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose and striving for their inclusion in all areas of society.
Our team of experts work together to tailor the right mix of services, strategies and products so their patients and clients can live life on their terms. From birth to senior years, Vision Australia is there to provide a lifetime of support.
About the Opportunity
As our Occupational Therapist, you will utilise specialist knowledge and skills to provide assessment; independent living skills training and intervention strategies; recommendations; reports and service coordination to clients, carers and their families. In this role you will also:
- In consultation with clients and their families plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services as per their needs identified throughout the assessment process.
- Assess the client's capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living (self-care), and instrumental activities of daily living including home and community activities, learning and education, employment, play and recreation.
- Provide both individual and group OT training/intervention programs to achieve maximum independence and participation in activities appropriate to the client’s developmental level.
As part of the Client Services team, you should hold a qualification in Occupational Therapy. In addition, experience in providing client support and OT services in person and/or through other communication mediums is encouraged. You will also have:
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- SWEP (State-wide Equipment Program) registration is required for therapists working in Victoria.
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults.
Benefits of Working at Vision Australia
- Additional leave is available via our purchase leave and accrued day off schemes
- Annual salary review to ensure your pay is in-line with the market rates
- General service provider and discipline-specific professional development opportunities
- A respectful and inclusive workplace where you will be supported
If you have any questions about the role please contact the hiring manager, Michael Kienhuis
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note that PDF documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons. If you require any support or considerations with the application process, please reach out to People and Culture or the above hiring manager.
For more information about working at Vision Australia, please visit our Careers page.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive culture, and value diversity and all abilities. We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision and from those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.