Technical Services Manager
About the Role
The Asset Management & Project Services (AMPS) department, along with the Operations department, is accountable for the operation and “whole of life” management of GPC bulk handling assets. This asset base includes GPC’s plant (Train Unloading and Shiploading facilities) as well as its’ Heavy Equipment fleet at the Reg Tanna Coal Terminal (RGTCT), Auckland and Barney Point Terminals in Gladstone. The role of Technical Services Manager sits within the AMPS department and works alongside other key operational personnel to support the ongoing reliability, maintenance and continual improvement of these assets and operating systems.
As the Technical Services Manager, you will report to the AMPS General Manager, and together with your team, will be accountable for managing the delivery of technical and site services for GPC operations. Areas of responsibility will include Engineering, Capital Project Execution, Asset Management, as well as the application of engineering and business improvement practices in order to supply the required asset performance to meet the business’ needs.
In addition, you will provide leadership to the Technical Services section. With this, your focus will be to:
- Use formal performance management systems to effectively manage and lead team members to promote positive individual and team culture and performance;
- Review and evaluate team performance at workgroup and individual level and address any gaps in skill performance and compliance through the promotion of training and development;
- Ensure the Technical Services workgroups, and contractors engaged by them, meet or exceed the Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements by fostering HS&E aligned working behaviours, conditions and practices, targeted at achieving zero incidents and injuries.
- Manage the Technical Services business plan:
- Development annual business plan for section, aligning with the department’s business plan.
- Implement, monitor and revised business plan in order to meet plan targets and commitments.
- Management of section budgets and financial resources in alignment with annual plan.
- Custodian of the Corporate technical standards and processes, ensuring they are maintained in alignment with Australian and industry standards and best practice and modified as value adding opportunities are identified.
We are looking for a dedicated leader whose knowledge and skills are supported by formal tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Essential to this role is a strong communication style to effect a conciliatory approach to other departments and teams across the business and an ability to positively influence, motivate, guide and mentor others to progress. Your background will reflect extensive operational engineering experience in either civil, structural, electrical or mechanical area partnered with management experience at operational level in heavy industry. Your skill base will ideally include in depth knowledge of project and asset management systems and frameworks.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description.
Please complete the online application form and submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any qualifications as part of your application.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting the recruitment team on (07) 4976 1686.
Applications are to be received prior to 4:30pm, Friday 28 February 2020, and must be submitted via www.gpcl.com.au/careers.