Assistant Manager - Rooms Division
Oval Hotel is the first of its kind in Australia. Wrapping gently around the eastern façade of the historic Adelaide Oval and interfacing seamlessly with the existing structure, each room at Oval Hotel enjoys tranquil parkland surrounds.
As the custodians of Adelaide Oval, we know what it means to create memorable experiences. We do it for sporting fans as they celebrate heroes and witness history. We do it for concert goers who live for the music. We do it for brides and grooms on the most important day of their lives. At Oval Hotel, we are dedicated to creating equally unforgettable moments for our guests. Become part of our team who aim to create exceptional experiences that will become long-lasting memories.
Assistant Manager - Rooms Division (Full-Time)
The Assistant Manager (Rooms Division) will be a key support for the Rooms Division Manager by performing the role of duty manager for front office operations. You will be extremely hands on and will lead day-to-day operations in the department by ensuring standards of excellence are being achieved, as well as playing an important role in driving a "guest obsessed" culture within the team.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences at the Oval Hotel, while providing critical support to ensure key team objectives are being met.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting in the management of front desk operations such as guest registration and room assignment.
- Addressing complaints and feedback related to guest experiences through appropriate channels.
- Assist the Rooms Division Manager recruit, train, roster and manage the Front Office team.
- Welcoming guests, fostering customer loyalty and developing high quality relationships with guests throughout their stay.
- Promotion of up selling, generating room revenue and undertaking auditing of operations to maximise revenue.
- Reviewing arrival list for all guest arrivals, and especially VIPs, to check room allocations, amenities and special requests.
Your skills and experience
- Experience in a similar hospitality environment in an Assistant Manager position, preferably with significant hotel experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications / and or relevant industry experience in Hotel/Hospitality Management.
- Previous experience with a hotel property management system. Exposure to Opera PMS is advantageous.
- Experience with writing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain Hotel presentation to a high standard.
- Ability to manage and train staff.
- Strong problem solving with the ability to identify and resolve issues before ahead of time.
- Outstanding communication skills including the capacity to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet tight deadlines.
Please note that out of hours work will be a requirement of this role. This includes nights, weekends and public holidays.
For more information, visit our website: https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/adelaide-oval-hotel/ and here: https://www.ovalhotel.com.au/
Applications due by 9am Monday 19 October 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.