VACANCY QLD - eLearning Specialist (FULL TIME)
Ref: KAQLDSS2 - Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane
eLEARNING SPECIALIST - FULL TIME
** Application located at the bottom of this page **
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- Providing therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in in their care
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and inclusive team in the newly created role of eLearning Specialist.
About the role - In this role you will take an active role in the design, development and implementation of the NEW Key Assets International Learning Management System. You will develop and produce high quality technology-enhanced learning resources to ensure all Staff and Carers have access to suitable learning and skills development for their specific areas of work and responsibility, in line with the Vision, Values and Standards of Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in the maintenance and administration of an LMS (Learning Management System), preferably using the Totara platform. You will have proven experience in creating engaging, concise and learner focused e-learning materials coupled with a high proficiency and capability in e-learning authoring tools, multimedia, graphic design and video content.
- Work with the LMS project team to create, build and maintain the Key Assets International LMS
- Create and maintain courses and learning activities within the company’s LMS
- Take the lead on campaigns, marketing and communication to engage learners in new learning activities, social learning and general e-learning engagement
- Compile usage/engagement reports for Manager review
- Work in partnership with subject matter experts to design course materials and assessments to a high professional standard
- Provide ongoing user support
- and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to ensure the systems ongoing success
Experience and Skills Required
- You will have creative flair and an eye for detail
- Proven experience in developing engaging and functional e-learning modules
- A high level of ICT skill relevant to the creation of high quality training and learning resources with proven experience of creating SCORM compliant e-learning content
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in instructional design, eLearning module development and implementation, user training and ongoing support
- Proven experience in using virtual learning environments (such as Moodle, Totara)
- Detailed knowledge of training theories, methodologies and techniques, particularly in relation to the use of technology in learning
- Knowledge of child protection, OOHC and Human Services sectors would be an advantage
- Full time (37.5 hrs)
- Office based in Eight Mile Plains
- Salary Packaging benefits
- Supervision and on-going professional development
- Working with a fantastic team and an inclusive and welcoming organisation
You will be commencing in this role right from the very beginning, your passion and drive for building a role and making it your own will be integral. Self-starters and those who love change are strongly encouraged to apply!
Successful applicants will be required to undergo statutory and personal checks prior to commencement.
Link to Position Description : eLearning Specialist
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: 26th November 2017
For a private and confidential conversation please call Meagan Probert on (07) 3452 9955 or 0408 445 228
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular, 'Full Time' - 37.5 hrs per week but flexibility required for travel within the community.
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays