Clinical Nurse Educator
Position Title: Clinical Nurse Educator
Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Type: Permanent Part-Time (0.6 FTE)
Hours per week: 3 days per week (Flexible with workdays)
Reporting to the Care Governance Manager, this role is responsible for all aspects of planning, implementing and evaluation educational strategies for the village care team. The Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for promoting best practice through staff development and education ensuring optimal care outcomes in accordance with the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Orientation and onboarding of new of care staff
- Working with the Care Governance Manager to develop and deliver mandatory education
- Clinical support and competency-based assessment of the care team.
- Identify and respond to the learning needs of individuals and the service.
- Evaluation and reporting of the effectiveness of education within care.
Further to this, the role will be responsible for maintaining and developing the following key performance areas:
- Clinical Practice
- Education and Research
- Quality Improvement and Management
- Professional Practice Development.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience.:
- Current Registration with APRHA as a Registered Nurse
- Certificate IV in workplace training and education or willingness to undertake within the first 12 months of employment.
- Relevant clinical or educational post graduate qualifications, at least 12 months’ experience working in the relevant clinical area related to this qualification or four years post registration experience (including three years’ experience in the relevant specialist field).
- Demonstrated knowledge of innovative educational strategies, tools and approaches, including e-learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the inter-disciplinary team and demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and demonstrated computer literacy with health care software, such as e-case.
- Relevant experience working in the Aged Care or Community Care environment (desirable)
- Understanding of all relevant legislative, regulatory requirements, professional standards and guidelines relevant to the Aged Care environment with a particular emphasis on funding, Quality Systems, Accreditation and Continuous Quality Improvement
- Proven ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in providing nursing care in the context of a multidisciplinary team.
- Recent clinical experience relevant to the position including evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with key stakeholders to achieve required nursing and care outcomes.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Development programs for you access education or professional development courses.
- Be part of a motivated, supportive and driven team
- Positive and supportive culture driven by our values of Love, Decency and Kindness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life balance
If you are passionate about contributing to the LDK community and believe this is the opportunity for you, apply now including your CV and Cover Letter.
For further information about LDK Seniors’ Living, visit our website on https://ldk.com.au/