Coburg or Keysborough
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Fixed Term Part Time – Maternity Leave Contract (30 hours p/week)
- Competitive pay rate: $32.60 p/hr + leave entitlements + leave loading
- Combination of work from home and office depending on COVID-19 organisational guidelines (Coburg or Keysborough Offices)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit company providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to elderly men and women who come from a homeless background. With annual revenue of $51 million, we employ over 730 staff and operate from multiple offices in Melbourne and regional Victoria. Wintringham is a major provider of home care in Victoria, managing approximately 700 home care packages.
Your new role
Wintringham is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Workforce Solutions Team on a Fixed Term Part Time basis from 31/08/2020 until 22/02/2021. This role will be based at either Lyndell White House (Coburg) or Southern Peninsula Community Housing & Support (Keysborough) and/or work from home depending on COVID-19 organisational guidelines. This fast-paced and dynamic role will see you liaising with our management team, Wintringham staff and Wintringham clients to provide a high-level service of care in the community. This role will also be assisting our residential facilities to access a casual pool of staff to provide relief for vacant shifts.
No two days are the same in our rostering team, so ideally, you will be flexible in your approach and be able to manage, prioritise and organise your time and workload effectively. A willingness and eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment are required for this role. Previous experience in a rostering role is preferred, but not essential, as Wintringham will provide excellent training and support to you from day one.
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have worked in a Care & Support Worker, Personal Care Assistant, Nursing or Community Care role (or if you are familiar with the services we provide) and want to take the next step in your career in Aged Care.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Management, Wintringham staff, external agencies and clients in a fast paced environment
- Taking calls from staff when they call in sick, informing Case Managers and covering vacancies
- Notifying Carers, Case Managers and clients of any rostering changes
- Coordinating rosters around sick and annual leave
- Preparing rosters and maintaining them on Gold Care
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Excellent training and support: Wintringham will provide you with essential training when you come on board and will continue to support you throughout your role.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program
What we’ll require from you:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to organise, prioritise and time manage
- The ability to liaise with numerous stakeholders, both internal and external
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office is desirable
- Knowledge of GoldCare computer software is desirable, but not essential
- Prior experience in community services staff rostering is desirable, but not essential
- Knowledge of Community and Aged Care sectors
How to apply:
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 8th July 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”