What's on offer:
- Full time employment within a large, well respected, aged care organisation providing care to ageing residents in Kununurra!
- $33.87 - $42.78 per hour (additional penalty rates where applicable)
- Not for profit salary packaging options of $18,550 p/a
- Subsidised accommodation and paid utilities, pay only $20 per night!
- Relocation assistance of up to $750
Are you ready for your next opportunity? We are currently seeking to recruit a skilled Registered Nurse who strives for best practice, communicates well with people of all backgrounds and approaches every situation with care and compassion.
As a Registered Nurse with Juniper, you will be responsible for assessing residents' needs, in conjunction with other healthcare professionals, and for the planning, implementation and evaluation of residents' care plans. Demonstrated experience in the mentoring and supervision of care staff and conducting ACFI assessments will be highly regarded.
A willingness to work within a person-centred, enabling environment, that respects the rights and needs of each individual, is essential for success in our organisation.
This role is available at our Gerdewoonem aged care home, located in Kimberley town of Kununurra (approx. 2207 kilometres - estimated flight time of 3 hours 5 minutes form Perth). Juniper Gerdewoonem provides care for up to 25 residents in an enabling and culturally appropriate environment.
The ideal candidate would be available for various shifts per week, working 75 hours per fortnight.
On offer are x2 full time positions *
Registered nurses receiving the six-month period, and are eligible for the additional payment, will receive up to $1,150 (or a pro-rata payment for casual and part-time nurses). *
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Implementation and development of resident care plans
- Respond to the requests and concerns of families and carers in liaison with the Residential Manager
- Sound knowledge of ACFI documentation requirements
- Liaise with appropriate health care professionals to deliver quality care to the residents
- Develop and maintain the effective performance of other care and service staff
- Liaise with the Residential Manager to identify the training needs of clinical and care staff
- Ensure full compliance with and maintenance of aged care standards
The Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery board of Australia
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of clinical care
- Planning and co-ordinating skills in matters related to delivery of care
- Ability and skills to guide staff in wound and diabetes care
- Sound knowledge of medication systems
- Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal and team membership skills
Please call Chris Manu on 08 9161 5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this role.
Closing date for this position is Friday 28 August 2022.
Juniper is a leading provider of care, accommodation and support services for older Western Australians. We are a values driven, community benefit organisation that excels in social enterprise for the benefit of all people. Our response to increasing need encompasses a strong presence throughout metropolitan Perth and in the Kimberley, Mid-West, Wheatbelt and Great Southern regions, giving us one of the largest care footprints in Australia. We believe in celebrating life, and strive to add value to the communities in which we operate, where our staff and volunteers work to deliver our Vision and Mission.
People of all ages and cultures are encouraged to apply. Juniper may commence the recruitment process prior to the advertised closing date.