Librarian - Home Library Service and Outreach
Part Time - 21 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $40.01 to $47.77 ph + 9.5% super + $600 pa transport allowance
Access to flexi-time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
Stanton Library is a quality customer focused library service located in a beautiful park setting, close to public transport and recreational facilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Librarian for out Home Library and Outreach program across North Sydney. This position oversees the effective operation of the North Sydney Home Library Service, providing equitable access to library resources for members of the community who are unable to visit the library due to frailty, illness or disability.
As part of this role, you will contribute to the development of the Library’s large print and audio collections, and explore the use of technology in meeting the needs of Home Library clients, as well as develop outreach services and build partnerships that enable access to library collections for isolated and vulnerable members of the community.
- Tertiary qualification in Library and Information Sciences allowing professional membership of the Australian Library & Information Association
- Drivers Licence (Class C)
- High level communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively and sensitively with a range of individuals, agencies and community organisations
- Experience in the provision of frontline library services and a demonstrated client focus.
- Superior digital literacy and computing skills with demonstrated experience in using desktop and tablet devices, software and online platforms.
- Demonstrated proactive, problem solving approach
- Physical fitness suitable to meet the demands of delivering library resources to housebound clients: The ability to lift, push or carry library resources in accordance with appropriate Work Health and Safety regulations
- Highly developed reader’s advisory skills and demonstrated interest and experience in delivering reader’s advisory services
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Easy accessibility to work with spectacular harbor view work locations
- Excellent work life balance with a 35-hour working week for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Flexible working hours with access to Flexi time
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- Health and Well-being programs for all employees such as Yoga, Pilates, Boxing
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Weekly fruit baskets
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary Transport allowance
- Invitations to Local Govt events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
To view the Position Description, Click Here
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions. EEO is Council Policy