Senior Trade Carpenter
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Be a valued member of our Building Operations team who provide efficient and effective maintenance and minor works to Council’s building, open space, transport and stormwater assets.
- Deliver works to agreed levels of quality, function and safe while minimising the impact on natural resources
- Share your wealth of expertise and experience in the carpentry trade across a range ork work including upgrades, renovations, fit outs and new builds
- Be a positive role model for the team and proudly represent the Council when working with the community
Things You’ll Do:
- Perform carpentry work for Council and External Customers
- Be safe at work - All work carried out in compliance with the requirements of the WH&S Act
- Be a mentor for apprentices - provide on the job training and be part of their appraisal process
- All work to be completed in a cost-efficient manner so as to not over runs on quotes
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- What you do makes a direct impact to the community - your work makes a tangible difference for the better
- Your experience in the Carpentry trade will help to develop the careers of other more junior members of the team - you can make a significant impact on their career development.
- Showcase Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: 5th February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 13th February 2023
- Package: $70,659 to 74,987 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: Permanent Fulltime 38 hours per week, 9 day fortnight.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Police Checks, Driving history checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, Working with Children checks and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Click on the link to check out the Position Description
- Reach out to Adrian Magrath on 02 9710 0333 for any job specific enquiries
- Veronica Moran, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, can assist with any recruitment related enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org