Program Resources Development Officer
- Position : Full time, 12 month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
- Location : Preston
- Salary : $82,780 to $86,528, plus super (based on skills & experience)
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for
About the role:
The Business Development and Service Implementation Team is located in the Projects and Reform Unit and supports VACCA to deliver quality, culturally responsive projects and programs for Aboriginal children, young people and families. The work of the team involves the following elements: Business Development (tender and grant submission writing); Service design, development and implementation; Policy and practice development and review; and Service system reform initiatives
This is a newly created opportunity. In this role you will be responsible for developing program resources such as manuals, policies and procedures that are clear, concise, and effectively support staff across the diverse range of VACCA programs.
- Strong skills and experience in preparing high quality written documents, with a keen eye for detail,
- Previous experience writing program & procedures manuals, ideally in a community services or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of child & family services, family violence or other parts of the community services sector, including an appreciation of legislative requirements and program standards
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and programs
- Well-developed communication skills
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description prior to applying. Please click here to view the position description
Application closes by May 18, 2021
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy