Care Services Team Leader - Foster Care
Greetings to all those aspiring to lead a fantastic team of professional case managers, working in a space that really matters. VACCA currently has an opportunity for you to join our team in the Eastern Suburbs as a Care Services Team Leader - Foster Care. Are you a Manager looking for a new challenge? Are you a talented experienced case manager looking for the next step in your career? Read on and take this opportunity to join our team a VACCA!
A little bit about VACCA...
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is an Aboriginal Community-Controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal Community and is the largest organisation of it’s kind in Australia. The VACCA team is committed to the organisation’s visions and values, passionately providing support, service and advocacy for our children and other vulnerable members of the community.
Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from other community organisations and it is why we are able to deliver positive outcomes that lead to ongoing change.
Our strength lies with our people, and all people are welcome at VACCA!
Let's talk about the role...
The Foster Care program is part of VACCA’s out of home care services at Chirnside Park in the East region. Children and young people in foster care range from 0-18 years. They can be in voluntary and statutory placements with appropriately screened, trained, and assessed foster carers.
The Chirnside Park office of VACCA delivers a range of out of home care services as well as family support services to Aboriginal children and families in the East region.
This Team Leader role will:
- Oversee service delivery of the Foster Care Program.
- Provide effective and targeted out of home care placements and support for children referred to the program, as well as their families.
- Provide management and leadership to case managers and case support workers working with children and young people in Foster Care.
- Ensure that our Foster Carers receive high level support and guidance and that their views are heard within the program and in the planning for our clients.
The key ingredients for success are...
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Experience in team leadership and management, ability to use initiative, thinking laterally and strategically during times of pressure
- Experience and sound understanding of computer data bases such as CRIS and CRISSP, Microsoft office packages
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation, and practices in relation to child and family welfare and in particular, children in out-of-home care.
- Experience in working within a variety of frameworks and models; trauma informed practice, critical reflective practice, cultural imbedded frameworks, best interests of the child, child centered practice, case management principles
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Victorian OOHC sector and or the Child Protection Field
- Tertiary qualifications In Human Services or a related discipline
- Requirement: Current COVID-19 vaccination (including booster dose, as applicable), a Working with Children’s Check for a paid employee (or willingness to obtain) and a full Victorian Drivers Licence
Sounds like an exciting opportunity to become the Mentor you had always wished that you had when you were starting? If it does, then keep reading, because I can tell you about...
What VACCA can off you?
If you are successful in joining our team at VACCA, and becoming a Team Leader that supports, mentors and nurtures our team, then you can expect;
- The opportunity to work in a successful established program, with an organisation that wants to innovate
- An attractive remuneration package, complete with Salary Sacrifice benefits
- A supportive, inclusive and warm team culture
- Develop and build the service that would make YOU want to come to work everyday!
- Great learning and development options and REAL career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to be immersed in and learn from the strength and warmth of Aboriginal Culture
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then please don't delay! Click APPLY now and start your professional journey with VACCA. All candidates will need to attach an updated resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria, which can be found on the position description.
We would strongly advise Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people to apply.
We will be contacting suitable applicants as they arise, so if you want this fantastic role, get your application for this role as it will closes on 16 October 2022.
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.